Periwinkle Place

For all those who wish to engage in the Great Conversation. Grab a cup of coffee and join in.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

NoroBlues


I finished Penny's YellowSocks (I'll get them in the mail soon!) and have started a new pair called NoroBlues, using Noro Kureyon Sock in S40 (aqua, teal, lime, purple, pink, orange). The colors are fabulous. The texture is nubby and uneven and has some drag. It knits into a nice fabric.

I've decided to stick with simple patterns until I learn the ins and outs of sock making, so I'm using Caryn Lantz's Simple Socks for Ladies on Two Circular Needles , but I'm using the magic loop method with a size 2 Addi Lace needle.

I didn't get much done today: What did I do all day?

1) knitted almost an inch of one sock
2) learned a little bit about black liberation theology
3) drove two teenagers to work
4) watched my neighbor girl and put her on the school bus (and started her on a new scarf)
5) took photos of Penny's socks and loaded them onto Ravelry.com.
6) did a lesson of math with Z
7) talked with DH, DD, and both DS's
8) e-mailed friends
9) snuggled with the dog
10) snuggled with the cat

Yeah, I definitely have to stretch to make this look like a productive day. But....the day is not over. I can still read several pages of Tore Janson's A Natural History of Latin and do a couple loads of laundry. = )







1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice yarn. Wish we could get Noro sock yarn in the UK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home